Sunday, March 27, 2016

Day 27: The End of Spring Break

Well, it's Sunday night and Spring Break is coming to an end. I didn't go on a trip to warmer climates, I didn't visit any national landmarks, I barely even left my house. But, it was a great week all the same.

With my kids and I in two different districts, we only occasionally have the same week off. We took a family trip in February and have one planned at Christmas, so this was just a week of hanging out at home.

We spent a lot of time staying up late and watching movies, sleeping in and eating cereal together, we got our first ever patio furniture and spent a lot of time outside. We got a new couch (very exciting for my husband) and a new car (very exciting for me). I read a few books and even got my classroom ready for next week. We visited both sides of the family for Easter and were blessed with beautiful weather on both occasions.

As much as I love traveling and especially enjoy time away with no cares or responsibilities, this Spring Break was filled with exactly what I need at this time of the year...time to just relax and re-charge. There really isn't much time left before we are wrapping up this school year and heading into summer. I am happy to be facing it with a renewed energy, excitement, and positive attitude.

1 comment:

  1. You got just what the doctor ordered for spring break. I always loved time at home to relax and re-charge. Your slice bubbles over with the joy you found in your week at home.

    ReplyDelete