Thursday, March 10, 2016

Day 10: Chivalry is Alive and Well

I was shown tonight that not only is chivalry alive and well, but my own sons are continuing to practice the art of chivalry.

While I was having dinner with my two youngest sons, 7-year-old Nick and 12-year-old Ben, I became a little chilled after coming into the restaurant through the pouring rain. I shivered and my son Ben noticed and asked if I was okay, to which I responded, "I'm just feeling a little chilly." He then proceeded to take off his zippered sweatshirt and hand it to me. What a sweetheart!

From that point I was hyper-aware of what he did and noticed other gentlemanly behaviors such as being extremely polite, saying "please" and "thank you" to our waitress, waving me past him as we walked to cash out, and holding the door for me as I exited the restaurant. I realized that none of these behaviors surprised me because it is what we have taught and expect of our children. It was just nice to see that it has become so ingrained in them that it is just a natural part of what they do and who they are.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! I love this post. You've taught your sons so well. You must've been a very proud mama last night. Delighted you blogged about it, but not as happy as their future spouses will be. :)

    ReplyDelete