Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Day 23: My New Car

Today was an exciting day for me. For the first time in 13 years, I bought a brand new car.

I didn't walk into this lightly. I did a lot of research before stepping foot on the car lot. I checked out websites, I made a Google form and spreadsheet of the different specifications of each vehicle. I knew what our budget was; how much we had for a down payment and how much we could spend on monthly payments.

I made a short list of makes, models, and dealerships. I knew which model I was looking at, where I could find it, and how much I could expect to pay. I knew which vehicle would be the best for fitting 2 teenagers and a 7-year-old in the back seat. So, when we walked into the dealership, I was able to tell the salesman which car I wanted and that they had it on the lot. It turned out that it had just arrived and hadn't even been prepped yet.

The process still took a lot of time because of all the paperwork, but I cut down a lot of it by doing my research ahead of time and walking in knowing exactly what I wanted.

So, I present to you my as yet unnamed 2016 Kia Soul.



1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful!!!! I love it! If I ever need a new car, I'm calling on you to do the research! That sounds like it could be a very profitable business. hahaha :) Enjoy what my girls would call your "sweet ride!".

    ReplyDelete